BASIC & TRADE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing advice on available services and products to new/existing clients at their offices and businesses; by vehicle dispatch and remotely online.
- Creating relationships with potential new clients and instilling confidence in our services; identifying issues and providing insight to customer’s questions.
- Making recommendations, estimates and invoices for repair services, computers and hardware/software to fit customers’ needs.
- Recording customer information and job details into our support ticketing system, and taking payments in-person and over-the-phone.
- Diagnosing computers (hardware, software, performance), cleaning up junkware/bloatware, removing viruses/malware; restoring OS health.
- Backing up user accounts and personal files, recovering lost data/files/partitions (program licenses, credentials/passwords, and other system settings).
- Installing, repairing, cloning and upgrading operating systems. Email setup, migration, configuration. Deploying managed software applications.
- Printer installation and configuration, including full-featured driver deployment and customized settings configuration.
- Architect and deploy enterprise networks (wired and wireless) using Ubiquiti hardware; Gateways, Switches, AP's, etc.
- Monitor, maintain, deploy and convert (physical and virtual) enterprise environments; Windows Server 2008 R2 - Server 2016.
- Design, on-board, deploy and manage users in server manager, group policy, network sharing, and Office 365 EMC.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Clean, attractive and approachable appearance, friendly attitude and patience, and confident/persuasive demeanor and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal/written/personal interpersonal skills and satisfactory memory, with ability to blindly type at 30+ WPM with good grammar/literacy/accuracy.
- Multi-tasking performance, ability to work in fast paced environment without being distracted.
- Thorough understanding of all major hardware peripherals/components and their functionality in modern desktops and laptops.
- Proficiency in diagnosis, testing, replacing hardware, and rebuilding computers (PSUs, MOBOs, HDDs, CPUs, RAM, GPUs, LCDs, etc).
- Complete familiarity with major Windows operating systems and file structures (Win 7/8/10, Mac OSX 10.10+, any Linux.)
- Proficiency in using major browsers & apps (Chrome, IE, Edge, Safari, Office 2013-2016, Outlook, Windows Explorer, etc).
- Knowledge of backing-up and restoring file data, user accounts, profiles and settings, and preferences across Windows and Office apps.
- Expert understanding of modern software applications (installation, configuration, settings, personalization, and uninstallation).
- Reliable vehicle for transportation to and from work, a valid driver’s license, and live within 30 minutes of central Pinellas County.
- Must own your own modern (within 3 years old) smartphone, personal computer, and a real bank account (payroll is paid by direct deposit only).
- Must pass a drug test and background check, not be on medication inhibiting cognitive reasoning, and read this entire job listing twice.
- 1+ years of customer service/sales (in onsite, direct-to-consumer, or outbound sales environment).
- 2+ years of technology support rep experience or systems administrator experience (in enterprise environment).
- Experience working in a computer repair shop, tech service department, automotive repair center, retail store, or customer sales/service center.
- Competence working with a sales POS system (SalesForce, Quickbooks, etc) AND/OR support ticketing system (RepairShopr, ConnectWise, etc).
- Experience building optimistic rapport with customers, and showing compassion/optimism during scenarios of unfortunate financial decisions.
- Experience being a tech consultant (aka "matchmaker") knowing fundamentals of not “selling from your own pocket” and giving outward advice.
- Experience in retail product and service sales, including selling add-ons, bundles, and providing all available upgrade options to the end-user.
- Component soldering, Enterprise VoIP skills, Technology certifications (A+, N+, Sec+, MSCA, MCSE, etc).
SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
- Full-time: 5 days on, 2 days off (one is guaranteed to be Friday or Saturday or Sunday).
- Work shifts are 8:50am - 6:00pm, with 1 hour break for lunch mid-day. Closed 7 holidays.
- 4-12 weeks paid hands-on training in-store, ongoing professional skills development.
- Position starts as hourly (based on exp) with 4-12 weeks of paid training (probationary).
- 1099-contractor for 90-day probationary period, and W2 employee after.
COMPANY PERKS & BENEFITS
- Company-issued Dell/HP Enterprise Laptop Computer (i5-7K/8-DDR4/256-SSD/Win10Pro)
- Company-paid MS Office 365 E3 subscription for 5 devices (OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc)
- Company-provided Gunnar Optiks digital performance eyewear (Blue UV light repelling)
- Company-issued SkullCandy OTE Active Noise Cancelling BT Headphones (for repair area)*
- Company-paid Sam’s Club, Amazon Prime business memberships, and Chase bank accts ¹
- Company co-paid T-Mobile service w/ unlimited talk, text, & LTE internet (keep your #) ¹
- Company-paid Monthly Allowance for break-room refrigerator (Snacks, coffee, soda, etc)
- Company partnered discounts from: Lizard Juice E-Cigs, YouFit Gyms, Goodyear Auto, etc.
- Paid Time Off benefits (PTO) begins accruing on your first day employed (40hrs @ FT) ¹
- Robust insurance benefit options including: Dental (PPO) & Vision from Humana, Accident & Critical Illness from Allstate, Disability & Life from Colonial, Preventative Care & Wellness from TransAmerica ($0 co-pay), ID Shield & Legal Shield, and 24/7 TeleDoc from MD-Live.¹
COMPANY FEATURES & AMENITIES:
- Top-rated, highly-regarded and well-respected IT service provider in the Tampa Bay area.
- Personable and friendly team environment, down-to-earth Founder, 10+ years developed.
- Best-in-class tooling, resources & automated infrastructure; constantly being improved.
- Templated processes & procedures for Escalations Support, Performance Reviews, etc.
- Scheduled performance reviews (quarterly) and compensation adjustments (annually).
- Structured and proven "S.M.A.R.T." Incident Reporting and Course Correction system.
- Tracked and showcased goals for Service/Product sales (showcased weekly, paid w/ DD).
- Static work schedule, consistent hours & days off, overtime never mandated; QoL balance.
- Flexible (un-branded) professional dress-code (solid polo / dress-shirts, short / long sleeve)
- Full-amenity break room with refrigerator, microwave, Keurig, TV, Nintendo Switch, dartboard, mini basketball hoop, and Nerf N-Strike Elite 6-shot with ammo (yes, seriously).
[Redeemable at 3 months ¹ / 6 months ² / T2 expert *]