BASIC & TRADE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing advice on available services and products to new/existing clients at their offices and businesses; by vehicle dispatch and remotely online.
- Creating relationships with potential new clients and instilling confidence in our services; identifying issues and providing insight to customer’s questions.
- Making recommendations, estimates and invoices for repair services, computers and hardware/software to fit customers’ needs.
- Recording customer information and job details into our support ticketing system, and taking payments in-person and over-the-phone.
- Diagnosing computers (hardware, software, performance), cleaning up junkware/bloatware, removing viruses/malware; restoring OS health.
- Backing up user accounts and personal files, recovering lost data/files/partitions (program licenses, credentials/passwords, and other system settings).
- Installing, repairing, cloning and upgrading operating systems. Email setup, migration, configuration. Deploying managed software applications.
- Printer installation and configuration, including full-featured driver deployment and customized settings configuration.
- Architect and deploy enterprise networks (wired and wireless) using Ubiquiti hardware; Gateways, Switches, AP's, etc.
- Monitor, maintain, deploy and convert (physical and virtual) enterprise environments; Windows Server 2008 R2 - Server 2016.
- Design, on-board, deploy and manage users in server manager, group policy, network sharing, and Office 365 EMC.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Clean, attractive and approachable appearance, friendly attitude and patience, and confident/persuasive demeanor and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal/written/personal interpersonal skills and satisfactory memory, with ability to blindly type at 30+ WPM with good grammar/literacy/accuracy.
- Multi-tasking performance, ability to work in fast paced environment without being distracted.
- Thorough understanding of all major hardware peripherals/components and their functionality in modern desktops and laptops.
- Proficiency in diagnosis, testing, replacing hardware, and rebuilding computers (PSUs, MOBOs, HDDs, CPUs, RAM, GPUs, LCDs, etc).
- Complete familiarity with major Windows operating systems and file structures (Win 7/8/10, Mac OSX 10.10+, any Linux.)
- Proficiency in using major browsers & apps (Chrome, IE, Edge, Safari, Office 2013-2016, Outlook, Windows Explorer, etc).
- Knowledge of backing-up and restoring file data, user accounts, profiles and settings, and preferences across Windows and Office apps.
- Expert understanding of modern software applications (installation, configuration, settings, personalization, and uninstallation).
- Reliable vehicle for transportation to and from work, a valid driver’s license, and live within 30 minutes of central Pinellas County.
- Must own your own modern (within 3 years old) smartphone, personal computer, and a real bank account (payroll is paid by direct deposit only).
- Must pass a drug test and background check, not be on medication inhibiting cognitive reasoning, and read this entire job listing twice.
- 1+ years of customer service/sales (in onsite, direct-to-consumer, or outbound sales environment).
- 2+ years of technology support rep experience or systems administrator experience (in enterprise environment).
- Experience working in a computer repair shop, tech service department, automotive repair center, retail store, or customer sales/service center.
- Competence working with a sales POS system (SalesForce, Quickbooks, etc) AND/OR support ticketing system (RepairShopr, ConnectWise, etc).
- Experience building optimistic rapport with customers, and showing compassion/optimism during scenarios of unfortunate financial decisions.
- Experience being a tech consultant (aka "matchmaker") knowing fundamentals of not “selling from your own pocket” and giving outward advice.
- Experience in retail product and service sales, including selling add-ons, bundles, and providing all available upgrade options to the end-user.
- Component soldering, Enterprise VoIP skills, Technology certifications (A+, N+, Sec+, MSCA, MCSE, etc).
SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
- Full-time: 5 days, one of which will be either Saturday or Sunday. Our normal business hours are 9:00a – 6:00p. and we are closed on all major holidays.
- 4+ weeks paid hands-on training in-store, ongoing professional skills development, with personable and friendly team environment + down-to-earth owner.
- Position starts as hourly (based on exp) with 4 weeks of paid training. 1099-contractor for 90-day probationary period, and W2 employee after.
COMPANY PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Top-rated, highly-regarded and well-respected IT service provider in the Bay area, with static work schedule and consistent hours.
- Flexible professional dress-code (solid polo/dress-shirts, etc), YETI/RTIC Cooler spill-proof drinkware for workspace, and Gunnar Optiks digital performance eyewear.
- Company-paid Sam’s Club and Amazon Prime business memberships, Chase bank accounts, and T-Mobile cell service (co-paid / keep your number) ¹
- Company-provided E3 Office 365 subscription for up to 5 computers and personal devices (OneDrive, Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Company-paid meal and snack allowance for break-room, and company-sponsored outings/events quarterly (paintball, go-karting, river trips, golf, etc)
- Discounted E-cig partnership (Lizard Juice) + non-smoking incentive program, YouFit gym/fitness membership, and vehicle service from Hobsin's Auto.
- Co-paid insurance benefits including dental, vision, injury, life, disability ², and PTO (paid time off) begins accruing on your first day employed ³
- Full-amenity break room with refrigerator, microwave, Keurig, TV, Nintendo Switch, dartboard, mini basketball hoop, and Nerf N-Strike Elite 6-shot with ammo (yes, seriously).
[Redeemable at 3 months ¹ / 6 months ² / 12 months ³ employed]